Please see details below and a link to an application form:
- 21 hours a week
- 2 year post, funded by Tudor Trust
- Based in Swansea
- Salary £21,000 per annum Pro Rata. Statutory pension contributions
About Swansea Bay Asylum Seekers Support Group
We are a volunteer-led registered charity, run and managed by our members, who include asylum seekers, refugees and other local people. We give a warm welcome to people seeking sanctuary in Swansea through our twice-weekly drop-ins, and offer practical support and educational and recreational opportunities.
We are seeking someone to help us
- Build our capacity and sustainability by encouraging existing and new members to contribute to the organisation in different ways – be it through practical tasks or governance
- Improve our existing services by mobilising additional voluntary help
- Help us identify and prioritise opportunities for new volunteer-led work
The successful candidate will:
- Understand the challenges faced by asylum seekers and refugees
- Communicate effectively face to face and in writing
- Encourage and support people in a wide range of voluntary roles
- Work with us to develop new projects and put them into action
- Work on your own initiative within guidance offered by the line manager and management committee
- Be available for frequent work on Friday evenings (5.30-7.30) and for 2.5 hours each Saturday.
Ideally you will have experience of working alongside asylum seekers and refugees – or first-hand experience of seeking asylum. However we are interested in all applicants who have the commitment, skills and attitudes needed for work.